Some problems chiropractic may be able to help with include:
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Sciatica and lumbago
- Mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Migraine prevention
- Joint pains
- Shoulder complaints (dysfunction, disorders and pain)
- Rotator cuff injuries, disease or disorders and soft tissue disorders of the shoulder
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Generalised aches and pains
- Ankle sprain and Plantar fasciitis (short term management)
- Muscle spasms and cramp
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Inability to relax
The National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) has published recommendations for GPs and Healthcare Professionals to offer manual therapies including chiropractic for low back pain and sciatica in over 16s, as part of a treatment plan including exercise and psychological therapy.
For anybody unsure of how they might benefit we offer a free 15 minute appointment.
In addition to McTimoney chiropractic, Devizes Chiropractice offers remedial and sport massage.